Except that several times already, when trying to run imports or simply connecting via SQL-Plus, I get the following crap:
C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN>sqlplus XXXXXX/XXXXXThe first time it happened, I simply restarted the OracelServiceXE and OracleXETNSListener services. Then it happened again today, and restarting services had no effect. And I am NOT rebooting my whole machine just to get Oracle to work.
SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Mon Mar 17 08:50:29 2008
Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed
But thanks to someone named "babu george" on this forum, I fixed the issue quite simply by getting rid of NTS authentication.
In your sqlnet.ora file, simply comment out the (NTS) line and create a new line with (NONE) in place of (NTS).
#SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)Alas, don't get me started on how much I love Windows.
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE)