BibleGateway.com Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Now I Really Do Feel Old

I was listening to "Hard Attack" channel 27 on Sirius satellite radio this morning on my way to the bus stop. Then the guy comes on and says they're about to play some classic metal from a long time ago, and then they play Vote With A Bullet by Corrosion of Conformity.

I start thinking to myself, "c'mon, it wasn't that long ago!" I remember borrowing that CD from Greg Miller like it was yesterday. I must have listened to it a thousand times before begrudgingly giving it back to its rightful owner. But that wasn't yesterday, it was when we were in high school in the early 90's. In fact, that was way back when people borrowed CD's from friends instead of "sharing" them as mp3's over peer-to-peer networks. Since Greg wanted his back, I actually went out and bought my own -- how many high school kids do that anymore? Holy crap, I AM OLD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club, you old fart. :-)