BibleGateway.com Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ram HEMI: First Shock

I ended up buying that Ram last week (http://redneckprogrammer.blogspot.com/2007/02/is-this-truck.html
), and I have to say it's awesome. It's a 2003 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 with short bed and the 5.7 liter 345 HEMI V8. It hauls lots of serious ass. It's kind of hard to open her up with all the snow and ice we've had, but you can feel it growling under that big bulging RAM hood. The kids love and and always aks to ride in Daddy's truck.

I filled it up late last week to the tune of $50, then filled it up again last night. I did a little basic math and found that I got a little (very little) over 13 miles per gallon mileage. It was a little bit of a shock to fill that 26 gallon tank, and a bit of a shock to get 13 mpg, but it really can't be too much worse than the Jeep with 4.11 gears, 33" tires, and the aerodynamic qualities of a brick. I don't know for sure because I never actually calculated what the Jeep got. I figured I just didn't care enough to run the numbers. Anyone who drives a lifted and modified Jeep is not in it for the economic benefits. Same goes for driving a full size truck with a big V8.

The truck has all the goodies, towing package with the hidden hitch, trailer wiring, trailer brake controller, leather seats, overhead console, bed liner, "Infinity premium sound" system with the CD and cassette, fold out flat cargo deck in back seats, with storage under that, heated side mirrors, power locks/windows/driver's seat, auto transmission, etc.

No comments: