- A Left over roasted chicken, deboned & cubed
- Chicken broth or stock, bullion/water as needed
- Frank’s Red Hot (cayenne pepper sauce) I don't measure so it might be about 1/4 cup or so?
- Spicy V8 Juice (maybe about 1 cup or so, this is optional as sometimes we don't have any)
- 1 can black beans, drained/rinsed of the “sludge”
- 1 can sweet yellow corn
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro (1 bunch)
- 3-4 slices bacon, chopped and cooked (optional, I always forget this and it always tastes great anyways)
- Garlic cloves, minced (a few spoonfools, depending on how much you like garlic)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Little bit ground cumin to taste
- Dinosaur BBQ “Foreplay” and/or Chili powder to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- The chicken and broth are probably plenty salty but you can add more if desired
Cut the chicken into small cubes or pull apart with a fork, depending on how you like chicken in soup. Put all the ingredients above into a crock pot and cook it on low all day. When you're ready to eat, scoop it into a bowl and crumble some tortilla chips on top, sprinkle some cheddar or "taco" cheese on top, and add a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!