- ResourceManager - getConnection() for when Connection is not supplied: Currently it's guts are commented out. Should put a JNDI lookup for a data source in there. That's how we do it, most likely anyone doing server-side code also does this. They could always customize for using DBCP or some other mechanism.
- DB query tab. Lets you enter queries and run them. Results come out to output tab as tab-separated text, along with number of rows retrieved and how long it took to run.
- simple Batch file launcher for Windows.
- Fixed an elusive NPE on describe that only happened once in a blue moon.
- Usability stuff: there are validations now for required fields being blank, and clicking on describe button will take you to output tab to show what is going on. When done, it goes to DB explorer tab. If a field is blank when validation runs, the config tab is selected so user can fill in,and some other things that make it all more usable.
Screenshot of simple query runner tab:
- DaoFactory - generated factory class is missing factory methods for stored procedure DAO's (easy fix, but have been busy with GUI)
- Stored Proc DAO's - need a lot of work
- CLOBS/BLOBS/BFILES - haven't accounted for those at all. they are a pain to write by hand so they should be done right in the generated code.
- Generated DAO's and all classes need to be fully tested to make sure the templates are right.
- Dist - need to come up with a distribution package mechanism, with shell and batch files to launch, special directory for templates, etc.
- Custom Queries - not implemented in generator or GUI yet.
- Saving new project file - app should put .prj extension on filename automatically if it isn't there.
- Help screen needs content
- Code cleanup w/ respect to comments, package names, etc.
- Pick a better name for application and update the package names
- Documentation would be helpful
- Pick an open source license and OS project hosting