Progress this week:
- Added a Browse button for the template directory to make it more consistant with the generated code destination field. Also improved the layout a little bit on the screen.
- Switched to a tabbed interface. The main screen from last week is now the configuration tab. There will be a tab for writing the custom query methods, running queries against the current DB, the output window has been nixed in favor of an output tab, and a tab that visually shows the DB objects to some extent.
- Add mnemonics to menu and toolbar controls.
- Open and Save/Save As now fully work, and described database meta data gets saved with project.
- Help "about" and "contents" actually launch screens, even if there is no real content yet.
DB Explorer tab:
Look And Feel is controlled by View menu, below are the Windows (native) and the crappy "Motif" look-a-like that comes with Java:
Outstanding task list:
- ResourceManager - getConnection() for when Connection is not supplied: Currently it's guts are commented out. Should put a JNDI lookup for a data source in there. That's how we do it, most likely anyone doing server-side code also does this. They could always customize for using DBCP or some other mechanism.
- DaoFactory - generated factory class is missing factory methods for stored procedure DAO's (easy fix, but have been busy with GUI)
- Stored Proc DAO's - need a lot of work
- CLOBS/BLOBS/BFILES - haven't accounted for those at all. they are a pain to write by hand so they should be done right in the generated code.
- Generated DAO's and all classes need to be fully tested to make sure the templates are right.
- Dist - need to come up with a distribution package mechanism, with shell and batch files to launch, special directory for templates, etc.
- DB query tab - not implemented yet
- Custom Queries - not implemented in generator or GUI yet.