BibleGateway.com Verse Of The Day

Sunday, July 08, 2007

And The Tree Came Crashing Down

We went to church this morning, and then off to pick up the kids. When we got home, everything was wet, so we knew it had rained. Then for some reason, I felt the need to go over and check on the chickens. What I saw amazed me. 3 big branches of the maple tree had come crashing down on the coop and the fenced in run. I went back to check it out, and the chicken run was completely full of branches and leaves -- I couldn't see the chickens, but I could hear them clucking and running around through the leaves. The back part of the fence was completely down to the ground.

Luckily, no damage was done to the roof of the coop, no chickens were hurt, and once I cleared out all the branches, I was able to repair the fence with minimal effort. Now it's mostly a cleanup effort.

No comments: